Hi there,

I am running mysql 3.23.38 on os x. Till now I did start the server by unix
command safe_mysqld. This worked, but did always freeze the shell and I did
have to open a new one. Bringing down the server worked only by rebooting.
mysqladmin shutdown did also freeze the shell and nothing happend (2 nice
freezing shells on the desctop :-))

Anyhow I would like to start it automaticly at boot time. I tryed to start
the server by typing mysql.server start, but I get an command not found. i
gueess I am in the right dir.

Does anybody cope with the same prob, or can probably help?

Thanx in advance,

Andy