Hi all,

I am trying to compile PHP4 with Informix support on Red Hat Linux 7.2.

I am using the latest Red Hat source RPM package:

php-4.0.6-12.i386.rpm

I am using the latest Informix Client Software Development Kit, which I
downloaded from IBM's Informix web site:

[root@skynet SPECS]# rpm -qa | grep csdk
csdk-2.70.UC3-1

The csdk is installed in /opt/informix.  $INFORMIXDIR is set to
/opt/informix.  User informix and group informix exist on the system.

I used the serial number and key supplied during download to install the
csdk.  I checked that ising any other serial number and key does not allow
the installation to proceed.  The installation did not return any errors.

I have edited the rpm spec file to include the PHP compile-time informix
option:

--with-informix=/opt/informix

The configuration part of the build process works fine.  Compilation
begins and then exits with:

--- Begin relevant screen output ---

Making all in informix
make[2]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-4.0.6/build-cgi/ext/informix'
make[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-4.0.6/build-cgi/ext/informix'
(if test -d /opt/informix; then \
   /opt/informix/bin/esql -e -EDHAVE_IFX_IUS
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-4.0.6/ext/informix/ifx.ec; \
 else \
   touch ifx.c; \
 fi)

Invalid serial number.  Please consult your installation instructions.
make[3]: *** [ifx.c] Error 255
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-4.0.6/build-cgi/ext/informix'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-4.0.6/build-cgi/ext/informix'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-4.0.6/build-cgi/ext'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

RPM build errors:

--- Ebd relevant screen output ---

I have contacted IBM's support desk and they're at a complete loss.

If anyone here can help, I'd be more than grateful.

Best regards,

|   George Karaolides                      Linustech Advanced Solutions,  |
|   tel:   +357 22 55 61 29              86 Ifigenias Street, 3rd Floor,  |
|   web:   www.linustech.com.cy              Strovolos, Nicosia CY 2003,  |
|   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Republic  of Cyprus.  |