I'm writing a knowledgebase (basically a content management system) application where
people are adding text via web forms then viewing this data on the web. standard
bread-and-butter kind of stuff.

of course people want to put in their hyperlinks in the page w/o having to do any sort
of html coding. I'm having a hard time getting my regular expression to work correctly
to match for anything that starts with http:// and ends with a space character,
extracting this as a $string, then formatting the hyperlink as <a
href="$string">$string</a> on the knowledgebase viewing scripts.

The one I've written matches and replaces only the first instance of http://  in the
string. (which solves problems as long as there is only one hyperlink in the page ;-)

thanks

kevin

Kevin Won
ITG Web Developer,