I'm just curious is the purpose of these functions to remove
the requirement that programmers know SQL? I'm not trying
to sound sarcastic or anything, but I mean, whats next
a pgsql_select_join for joins? If someones smart enough to figure
out the Postgres install and performance tuning (and I know my first
time was quite a rollercoaster of pain), why would you need
to try and simplify it's use when a all powerful, all knowing, all doing
pgsql_query would work? I'm mainly just wondering because
sometimes my windows counterparts (who write in ASP or iHTML)
think it's funny PHP has so many ways to do certain things, and so
few ways to do other things. =)

Just Curious,

Adam Voigt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]