Your $eventdate variable is an array, not a string so you can't just
drop it into an sql query string like that.
If you have separate fields in the db for year, month and day then you
probably want something like:

$query = "insert into ... values ( ... , '$eventdate[0]',
'$eventdate[1]', '$eventdate[2]', ...)";

Otherwise, if they're all supposed to go into the same field then do
something like:

$eventdatestring = join("-", $eventdate);
$query = "insert into ... values ( ..., '$eventdatestring', ...)";

This should insert the date in the form "eventyear-eventmonth-eventday";

-Steve