Hi folks.

I have a quetion for you which maybe a little silly as I'm still new here..
I want to build a database in which access will have only registered memebers, so I
need to protect it. The database will have over 100000 records and hopefully over 1000
users-visitors. Everyone of them is going to have his own password. I suppose I will
have to build a table with usernames and encrypted passwords but what I don't know is
how to protect the pages not to be seen without authorization. At first I thought
about the .htaccess and .htpasswd files but I'm not sure yet...
Can anyone suggest the best way to protect my database? If it is to complicated to be
explained in an email please suggest just the functions names and I'll try to find the
way...

Thanx
Achilles