"Frank M. Kromann" wrote:

Many thanks Frank, changing from varchar to text did indeed fix the
problem.
On reflection, I do now remember reading about this on another mailing
list, it's a pitty my memory failed me when I needed it the most :-)

--
Rgds,
Chris MacKenzie

Windows: "Where do you want to go today ?"
 Mac OS: "Where do you want to be tomorrow ?"
  Linux: "Are you coming or what ?"