I have a form that allows a person to enter an announcement into a database
using a form. The form and the query work fine.

$query = "INSERT INTO maztov (fullname1, fullname2, city1, city2, email1,
email2, post_fullname, mazal_text, post_city, post_email, other_emails,
entered) VALUES
('$fullname1','$fullname2','$city1','$city2','$email1','$email2','$post_fullname','$mazal_text','$post_city','$post_email','$other_emails',

NOW())";

$result = mysql_query($query);

Then I realized MagicQuotes was adding slashes to my query, so I added this
line:

$query = stripSlashes($query);

before I executed the result. Now the result is no longer executing, i.e.
the entry is not being added into the database.

When I echo the query before and after stripslashes has been applied, it is
echoing exactly what I think it should.  When I comment out the line with
stripslashes, it works again but with adding quotes.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Lisi