Hi,

> I am setting up a web page system which involves html pages, php pages
> and mysqldatabase.
>
> I have a number of questions and do not know where to find answers.
>
> If  I display the rows from a database table in a php generated html
> table is it possible to mark a row so that it can be deleted or
> modified by calling another php page?

I dont know if mysql supports select for update, but the locking will not
work. The reasons are:
   As soon the PHP page ends, PHP will realease all non persistent
   database connections.You can work around this, using a persistent connection( this
type of
connection doesnt close even after the php script ends ), but this kind of
connection can bring you troubles. You will get troubles if you run insert
or update commands, because all script instances will share the same
database connection. If for some reason, a script( or the db server )
locks the table for some reason, all scripts that use the persistent connection
  will wait for the unlock of the table.Worse, if you rollback a transaction, every
transactions that use the
persistent connection will be roolbacked.

Is there any reason to lock the rows?

>If so is this documented
> anywhere?

> Is there any good source of information on setting up 'forms'to work
> like Oracle forms where database records can be inserted, updated or
> deleted?

I dont know. Sorry.

Regards
Miguel