From: César Aracena [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 2:36 PM
To: 'PHP DB List'; PHP General List
Subject: [PHP] Querying for MAX

I'm sorry if this mensaje is posted twice. I sent it yesterdays, but then my
ISP had problems with e-mail and I lost dozens of them and don't know if
sent OK.

Hi all,

What I'm trying to do here is not inside PHP nor MySQL books I have. I need
to query the DB to look the max result in a column. That is, if I have
affiliate members with ID going from 1 to 10, get the query to know that the
last member added was 10 so I can add member 11 without using
auto_increment, because I need to insert old members too which already have
ID numbers. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,

Cesar Aracena <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CE / MCSE+I
Neuquen, Argentina
+54.299.6356688
+54.299.4466621