I've duplicated your problem. I know I've had this working before, I'll let you know
if I can figure it out. :-)

<>< Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Hudspeth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 10:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] Connecting to MS Access

I am having problems connecting to an Access database. I am using Windows
2000, IIS 4, Access 2000, and PHP 4.2.1. I have created a system DSN using
the Access (.mdb) driver, and have a username and password. What's going
on?? Thanks, Bill

The code I have used is as follows:

<?php

//connect to database

$connectionstring = odbc_connect("meteoritecatalog", "username",
"password");

//line 14 is immediately above

//SQL Query

$query = "SELECT sample, type FROM sample";

//execute query

$queryexe = odbc_do($connectionstring, $query);

//line 20 above

//output results to standard output

odbc_result_all($queryexe, "BORDER=1");

//line 23 above

//disconnect from the database

odbc_close($connectionstring);

//line 26 above

?>

The error message I get is:

Warning: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error
Not enough information to connect to this DSN with SQLConnect. Use
SQLDriverConnect., SQL state S1000 in SQLConnect in
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHP\data_tap.php on line 14

Warning: odbc_do(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHP\data_tap.php on line 20

Warning: odbc_result_all(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result
resource in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHP\data_tap.php on line 23

Warning: odbc_close(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource
in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHP\data_tap.php on line 26