Thanks for the input. I wasn't considering the possibility of making a
new table for kids until now which seems pretty logic when trying to
save space. The only thing missing now is how to assign a unique
relation number for each kid/relative. That's 1 for the first born, 2
for the second one, etc... and it can't be done by auto_incrementing,
for it will start over when a new member is inserted... i.e. the
relatives table should show:

Member  level           name            address
0025            1               Jr.1            same as 0025/0
0025            2               Jr.2            same as 0025/0
0026            1               Jr.1            same as 0026/0
0026            2               Jr.2            same as 0026/0
0026            3               Jr.3            same as 0026/0

The catch would be to make PHP to auto assign the relatives "level" by
knowing it has to start from $i=1 and loop $i++ until no other kid is
inserted. Now that I write it, it seems I could use a for loop, but what
should be the structure of it using the $name <> 0 you told me?

Thanks

http://www.phonixfolk.dk