instead up supplying 'localhost' in your mysql_connect() function just use
the full name of the server i.e mysql_connect("www.domain.com" $user,
$pass)  you must ensure the port is open through the firewall, if
applicable, and that you have a user set up with that can access it from
another domain.

hope this helps.
jd

                    "M. Couto"

                    <manuel.couto@       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    renova.pt>           cc:

                                         Subject:     [PHP-DB] Connect to MySql DB on
diferent domain
                    07/25/2002

                    07:25 AM

Hi,

Im using PHP 4.0 and MySQL and I have a PHP procedure on one site that
need to connect to a MySql database outside this domain,  I need to
append records in a database on a different domain. How can I do this?

I will apreciate  if  anyone give me some help or a simple example how
to do this?

Thanks
Manuel