Jj Harrison wrote:

> I know how to delete stuff from a db.

> Now I want to delete all the earliest entires from the database except the
> latest 75 entries.

> Is it easy or hard?

I would say easy..

> I know about limit but it doesn't seem to work the other way.

Assuming you have nothing to associate your records with time of entry,
I agree LIMIT seems to be the easiest.

If you have sub query try something like this.
DELETE from file limit (SELECT count(*) - 75, ',', count(*) from file)

If no sub query you probably have to do it with 2 queries. One to get
the  number of records and the other to substitute the variable
$num_records into the DELETE as
DELETE from file file limit $num_records - 75, $num_records

HTH Dan