If you are running Apache and have access to the httpd.conf file.  Comment
out AddModule mod_autoindex.c and restart apache.  if you like this for
some of your directories, then I'd follow Jason's advice.  If you are using
IIS or another server, I'm sure the same option is available, but I'm just
not sure where.

Hope this helps.
Jeff

                    Jason Wong

                    <phplist@gremli       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    ns.com.hk>            cc:

                                          Subject:     Re: [PHP-DB] Re: securing
directory tree and allowing PHP to
                    08/20/2002             work

                    10:35 AM

                    Please respond

                    to php-db

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 16:30, bmw wrote:
> >>"Bmw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >> I am trying to find out how I can secure the directory tree of my PHP
> >> scripts from the HTTP server without preventing access to my PHP
scripts
> >> once in session. Right now, if I type the URL of a subdirectory of my
>
> site,
>
> >> I get the index of all the files and directories.
> >>
> >> Ex:
> >>
> >> http://domaine/index.html  has DB access user login and password for
my
> >> session authentication to enter into my scripts and run the program.

If you goto

  http://domaine/

does that show

  http://domaine/index.html

?

> >> If I type http://domaine/subfolder/ I can see all the PHP code I want
> >> without logging into my site. How can I protect the server from doing

If so, simply put in an empty index.html into the directories where you do
not
want people to the direcrtory listing.

/*
... and furthermore ... I don't like your trousers.
*/