From: Wilmar Perez
Date: Friday, September 06, 2002 09:57:48
Subject: [PHP-DB] not a valid MySQL result

Hello guys

This is my first posting to the list, even though I've had some experience
with C++, these are my first steps with php and mysql.

Well, the thing is that I'm getting the following message:

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
in /var/www/bva/new/main/colecciones.php on line 35

The code is shown below:

$query_cat = "select author_names || ' ' || author_surnames
from author, author-cat
where author_cat.cat_code = $code
and author.author_code = author-cat.author_code";

$result_cat = mysql_query($query_cat);

$num_results_cat = mysql_num_rows($result_cat); //This is line 35

I did the same with a simpler select sentence and it worked alright, so I
guess there's a problem with the select sentence but haven't been able to
find it.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Wilmar Pérez