I'm doing an insert and need to get the record number that is generated
when the record in created.  I'm accessing the database through ODBC.
It's a DataFlex database and the driver i'm using is by Connex.  I know
that you can somehow insert a SQL statment inside an other statement.  I
was thinking if I could quesry the record inside the insert, then I
could get the record number.  I'm not sure how to do this though.  I was
also thinking that I might be able to get some info from the resourse
identifier that is returned to PHP, but I don't know how to read it from
an insert, odbc_result doesn't work.  Anyone have any clue how I can do
this?  I'm kinda new to this, so please help me out.

I'm running IIS/Win2k, PHP 4.2.1 using ODBC through Connex DataFlex
driver 8.7.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Anthony