I really hope you just subscribed, because this question already been
asked today...and yesterday... You should search the archive before you
post.

Anyhow, the solution to your problem can be solved by using a
"processing" page that does the insert into the database and then
redirects to the main page that shows the list. The processing page
should not display anything at all, just do the insert and redirect.
Then the refresh will just refresh the page it was redirect to, and have
nothing to do with the processing.

---John Holmes...

and
> unset($variable), but to no avail.
>
> Here's the php code from the top of the page:
>       if (isset($_POST["newStatus"]))
>       {
>               $thisStatus=addslashes($_POST["newStatus"]);
>               $addStatusSQL="INSERT INTO status
values(Null,'$thisStatus')";