Hi,

1. Problem (Uploads)
Have a look at your php.ini, max_upload_size is 2 MB per default, you may
wish to increase this. Not sure if phpMyAdmin has another parameter to
configure this...

2. Problem (pics messed up)
Seems to be some magic quotes problem. In your php.ini, check
magic_qoutes_gpc and magic_quotes. Can't tell how you designed picture
uploads, but if you did it "the right way" (my opinion, no flames :-), both
need to be "Off".

Thomas