... and this is precisely why all your include files should be in directories which
are not servable by your Web server -- if your Web server can't serve them, then they
can't be "accidentally" served by someone typing their URL in directly, because they
don't have a URL!

Personally, I don't put *any* files with live code in http-servable directories.  All
of my PHP scripts that Apache can serve as "top-level" scripts look pretty much like
this:

<?php
   ini_set('include_path', '../../dir-not-in-http-space/include');
   require 'the_real_script.php';
?>

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]