The problem is, I need to make a page that shows all of the polls, and one query per poll would kill the server.

Peter Beckman wrote:

Use the dual table questions and answers suggestion before.

Then just use a loop:

$question = mysql_query("select * from questions where id={$this_question}");
while ($r = mysql_fetch_array($question)) {
$answers = mysql_query("select * from answers where qid={$r[id]}");
while ($s = mysql_fetch_array($answers)) {
print "<question input and labels>";