I have a page (dept_select) with two drop down lists populated from a table
in a MySQL Database. If one item is selected in either of the lists I need
to go to one page (5-14_select_area.php). If any other item is selected I
need to go to another page (add_new_resources.php) but I need to pass the
selected items to add_new_resources.php.

At the moment I have created a page between dept_select.php and the other
pages and added the following code to it:
<?php
if ($department=="5-14 Curriculum")
{
header("Location:5-14_select_area.php");
}
elseif ($level=="5-14 Curriculum")
{
header("Location:5-14_select_area.php");
}
else
{
header("Location:add_new_resources.php");
}
?>

I have tried creating a form on the page and passing the variables via
hidden fields but have not got this to work. If anyone can understand what I
am trying to do I would be grateful for any help.