On Tuesday 07 January 2003 00:23, Mignon Hunter wrote:
> This is a variation to similar string earlier.  Have been checking
> books, online manuals, suggestions here - tutorials and such.
>
> Having issues passing arrays in forms. I have been working on this a few
> days and am stuck.  Am trying to pass cat[] and id[] with whatever
> checkbox user checks.  cat[] works fine.  My id[] is hidden and am not
> able to pass correctly.  cat[] will display correct item on second page
> but idid[] just passes 12 (which is the number of initial items in the
> result from query) - or it will display 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions.  I have tried using submit hidden value
> among other variations...to no avail.

cat[] works because for each item 'in the array cat[]' you have a
corresponding checkbox. id[] doesn't work because you only have a single
hidden element. There are more than one to resolve this:

1) Have a hidden element for each id you need to pass:-   id[0], id[1], etc.

2) Use sessions

3) Use serialize() on the array $id, this allows you to store the entire array
as a single hidden element. Then use unserialize() in comp_page4.php to
reconstruct $id.

/*
Catch a wave and you're sitting on top of the world.
                -- The Beach Boys
*/