Heh. I used this app in one of my sites, (www.9250x.com) it has some
nice features, but whoever programmed it didn't intend for anyone else
to make changes, that's for sure.

The '%%' in the first snippet is some SQL code, '%' is a wildcard in
SQL, so the gist of that section is "If $global_locationID is false,
then make it = 0, and allow the database to return values with ANY
locationID, otherwise just return those records that match the
global_locationID"

The second snippet just builds an array out of the unapproved records.
Like you said.

You're right on with the third as well. I would suggest finding the
place where the query is actually submitted, and add an echo $sql; type
statement so you can see the actual query that is being sent to the
database, that may clear things up a little.

-Micah

--
Raincross Technologies
Development and Consulting Services