Yes it is posible using the preg_replace substituing the text with </b>the
text</b> or to what ever you want.

If you are not advanced in php you could do it with substr_replace()
function.

The first solution is more dificult to be used but you have the advantage
you can search for each word used in the %search_words% and highlight them
even if they are not positioned in the same order in the text searched. (But
in this case you have to use the MySQL 'match against' with the full text
indexing in place of like).

 The result is something like this: http://www.interakt.ro/search.php. Try
searching 'mysql adodb'

If this is what you want I can help you with a code block

Cristian MARIN - Developer
InterAKT Online (www.interakt.ro)
Tel:         +4021 312.53.12
Tel/Fax:  +4021 312.51.91