On Friday 04 July 2003 10:23 pm, Manuel Lemos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 07/04/2003 08:38 PM, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > First let me say that I am not sure if this is PHP problem or Oracle. I
> > posted this earlier in php-general, but after looking at the available
> > mailing lists again, I thought this forum would be more appropriate.
> > Sorry if someone get double post.
<snip> >
> > Now, pg_fetch_assoc and mysql_fetch_assoc return the associate array with
> > the key in lower case. But ocifetchinto returns the key in UPPER case. So
> > this discrepancy makes my code not as portable as I would like it.
> > Is this PHP problem or Oracle config problem?
>
> No, that is just the way Oracle returns column names.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you or anyone know if there is something in the configuration of Oracle
that can be changed for it to return lower case column?

I read in the book Oracle 9i Complete Reference that oracle can use mixed case
column and table name, but haven't found the "how to do it" yet.

I'd rather do that than converting all my apps. The problem is we're supposed
to write for mysql, but then client change their mind and use Oracle.

Sorry if this is a bit OT. Thanks for any help.
RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy