hi all , i'm quite new to this mailing list

i d like you to test with lowercase object names in Oracle
but i don't recommend to use it in general
for example

(1)  create table test1 ( b number ) ;
is different from
(2)  create table "test1" ( "a" number ) ;
 in oracle , if you don't quote your object names in oracle they will always be
uppercase

desc test1 only works for (1)

desc "test1" works for (2)

case (2) will have all objects in lowercase ( table and column name )
  and in sqlplus MUST be enclosed with "