From: CPT John W. Holmes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 11:04 AM
To: Robert Sossomon; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Query Error

From: "Robert Sossomon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> And here is the additem.php file where it check for the info in the
> field and it is erroring out.

It would be rather useful to know the error...

>   $get_iteminfo = "select * from GCN_items where 'item_num' LIKE
> '%$_POST[sel_item_id]%'";

Take away the single quotes around your column name. You're asking for a
'string' LIKE 'another string' and not comparing anything in your column
at all.

You can use backticks around table and column names, though. Maybe
that's what you're trying to achieve.

$get_iteminfo = "select * from GCN_items where `item_num` LIKE
'%$_POST[sel_item_id]%'";

---John Holmes...