Hi,

i've read the following comment on PHP.net and found it very troubling because my
database has Shift_JIS japanese words and my forms allow japanese input as well, so,
does anyone know how can I stripslashes correctly when it comes to Japanese text?
thanx thanx!

hash at samurai dot fm
01-Dec-2003 10:34
Might I warn readers that they should be vary careful with the use of stripslashes on
Japanese text. The shift_jis character set includes a number of two-byte code
charcters that contain the hex-value 0x5c (backslash) which will get stripped by this
function thus garbling those characters.

hh