Hi all

I read that it is neccessary and good to optimize my DB tables frequently.. I am using
phpMyAdmin-2.5.4 to maintain my database and the program showed me that my overhead
for some tables is over 5000. Can i know when would be good for me to optimise my
tables? For example, once I have an overhead of 1000, I should optimise my tables?

Another of my concern is that, when I optimise tables, I read that my tables will be
locked. Does it mean that my customers cannot do a select statement on the table? In
this case, can I schedule phpMyAdmin to optimise the table at a certain time, say 3am
when there is very little traffic??

Thank you so much!

kind regards,
hwee