Hi all,

Please CC me on any reply - I get the digest :)

I am working on a project where I need to implement something that most resembles a checkbook register, where I am tracking pre-paid hours bought vs. hours used on-site.

I am getting a bit stuck on the best structure for the mysql table, and would like some suggestions.

In the end, I need to be able to run a report where by date it displays hours purchased, and hours used like in a check register:

DATE DESC. BAL. 2/23/04 Purchased 10 hours 10hrs. remaining 2/24/04 Job 2 used 5 hours 5hrs. remaining 2/24/04 Purchased 20 hours 25hrs. remaining

Like so...

Would it be best to have 1 table with a field for transaction type and keep all the ins and outs in one table, or have two tables one where I track purchased hours and the other where I track used hours?

Thanks,
Rogue