On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:23:32 -0700, Andrew Kreps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:51:52 +0200, Antoine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > declaring it as global didn't seem to work -
> >
> > global $link;
> >     /* Connect to database */
> >     $link = pg_connect("dbname=movies host=localhost user=anton
> > password=password")
>
> The global keyword works a little bit differently in PHP.  You need to
> inform your function that your variable is global, as opposed to
> declaring it as global outside the function.  Like:
>
> $link = "database connection"
>
> function processData () {
>     global $link;

Like i said, I'll get there ;-). Cheers! I hope you folks don't mind
answering some rather basic questions... I am going to be starting
some serious development soon and promise to search the docs first
:-).
I have just followed up on the suggestion of pear and it looks like a
winner. That may mean a change of mailing list but all good for the
moment.
Cheers
Antoine

--