Sounds about right... you can also do something like this (syntax should be
right):

SELECT MIN(id) as minid, MAX(id) as maxid FROM mytable

$array['minid'] and $array['maxid']

Basically it's going to be whatever the heading of that column is.  Using "as"
gives it an alias for less ugly headings.

If you did SELECT COUNT(Qty) FROM SomeTable

Then you might get:

$array['Count of Qty'] or something goofy like that.  I forget the exact
circumstances but there's times you get goofy stuff like that.

If you run the SQL through some DB client (like mysql's command line stuff or I
use WinSQL Lite in Windows to connect to our MySQL database across the network)
you can usually see what the heading name is going to end up being, if you
don't explicitly set it with an "AS" clause.

"AS" also works on table names:

SELECT l.LeadID, ld.FirstName FROM Leads as l, LeadData as ld
WHERE l.LeadID = ld.LeadID

(actually a lot of the time you can leave out the "as" and just do "Leads l")

Fun times..

-TG