The field on the form is as such: <TEXTAREA name="Customer_Description"
cols=100 rows=10 tabindex="44"></TEXTAREA>

The confirmation page is:  <?php echo ($_POST['Customer_Description']);
?>

From: Bastien Koert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 11:26 AM
To: VanBuskirk, Patricia; php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: RE: [PHP-DB] php maximum characters in text field

And how is the table / field of interest configured? 833 will obviously
not fit into a 255 varchar field...

Bastien

Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:24:14 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; php-db@lists.php.net

The info he was trying to submit was 883 characters, including spaces
(counted in Word).  Many times, people have very detailed descriptions
they need to send in.  Can you think of a way to work around this
limitation?  Also, what happened when he tried to submit is he got an
email back with "Undefined variable" errors wherever the database was
supposed to send back info, and no record was created.