When I did a search on "resource(5)" within the PHP online documentation, I
found the resource page resource.php. While although it lists all the resources
used with mysql, it does not mention how resources are related to resource
numbers as above. A query such as a row count on a table results in an integer
value.  What is the best way of accessing or converting the integer value from
the resource? I can't see any particular function in the function list which
does this, without getting into strings or arrays, or have I missed something
blaringly obvious, hope not?