Hi Mark,

you are right /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.httpd.plist will not work in your case, it's for the Mac OS X supplied Apache. In your case you can edit /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl adding the following:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/instanceclient
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/instanceclient
ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle/instanceclient
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/instanceclient
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_HOME

(note: As Chris Jones mentioned LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not used on OS X, however there is no harm in having it set)

Place the above some where near the top of apachectl, I cannot tell you exactly since fink will not install and MacPorts does not build SQLite3. Restart apache and you should see the correct values in getenv() or phpinfo().

regards

grant