Actually, after looking at it further, you have the records set to only have
not null values yet you are passing a null value to it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ethan Rosenberg [mailto:eth...@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:02 PM
To: Bastien Koert
Cc: Max E.K; php-db-lists.php.net; rquadl...@googlemail.com
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Incrementing Primary Key

At 01:17 PM 10/28/2010, Bastien Koert wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Ethan Rosenberg <eth...@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> > At 03:40 AM 10/28/2010, Max E.K wrote:
> >
> >> From: "Ethan Rosenberg" <eth...@earthlink.net>

Bastien -

Thanks.

It still does not work.

This is what I have done to change the auto_increment:

drop exiting_table;//called intake
create table intake2 (Site char not null, Record
int(10) not null auto_increment, BMI int(2),primary key(Site,Record));
  alter table intake2 auto_increment=1000;
  insert into intake2 (Site,Record,BMI) values ('A',(null),15);
  insert into intake2 (Site,Record,BMI) values ('A',(null),18);
  insert into intake2 (Site,Record,BMI) values ('A',(null),13);
  mysql> select * from intake2;
| Site | Record | BMI  |
| A    |      1 |   15 |
| A    |      2 |   18 |