If you could create a self-contained reproducing script (i.e., in addition
to the function code you supplied, also supply anything else that's needed
to illustrate the problem), it should be easy to figure out what's going
on.  If you could do it in the shortest manner possible, it'll even make
things easier :)

At 12:21 10/1/2001, Christian Fagerheim wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I have some problems with my PHP script that utilizes the BCDIV function,
>and I was hoping some of you could be so kind as to help me solve it.
>I am sorry for writing in English, but I am afraid my German is not too good
>so this is the best alternative. You may reply in German if you like, but I
>would prefer it in English. Thank you all in advance.
>
>To the problem: I use BCDIV to divide a string to a integer constant and it
>works great, unless the string is no more than 14 digits...
>I have tried to do an echo between each operation to see what happens, and
>then I discovered that BCDIV returned, much to my dismay, a double. Based
>upon further use of the value BCDIV returns I have made some calculations,
>but when BCDIV returned a double with "+E**" at the end the calculations
>fails.
>I have recreated the piece of my code that I am talking about, and I hope it
>will
>be more enlightening than my explenations.
>
>/////////////////
>function user_func($input_string) {
>     $new_string = "";
>     $temp_string = "";
>
>     while($input_string) {
>         $div_string = 0;
>         $div_string = (string) (bcdiv($input_string, 100) * 100);
>         $temp_string = bcsub($input_string, $div_string);
>         $int_input = bcdiv($input_string, 100);
>         $new_string .= call_user_func("string_manip", $temp_string);
>     }
>
>     return $new_string;
>}
>
>This should return a 2 digit value removed from the end of $input_string,
>but when the problem arises it returns a "0". Everything else works
>perfectly though, even if the problem occurs.
>
>I hope that there are somebody out there that know what the problem is
>caused by, or can help me in any other way. I would like to thank you all in
>advance!
>

>--

Zeev Suraski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CTO &  co-founder, Zend Technologies Ltd. http://www.zend.com/