On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Jim Winstead wrote:
> i didn't check how date('Z') is defined (do you add it to local time to get
> UTC or subtract it?) but it may be that systems where struct tm has a
> tm_gmtoff member and systems that use the timezone global may
> define it different ways.

Well, I am in Central timezone so I'd expect my offset to be -21600 (-6
hours). So, the formula should be UTC + offset.

> they should be made consistent, and the date() documentation updated to
> tell exactly which way we've made it consistent. :)

And making it consistent would just involve reversing the sign on
tm_gmtoff member? I just wonder if the sign of tm_gmtoff is consistent
between platforms.

-Andrei

"The secret of flying is to throw yourself
at the ground, and miss." -- Douglas Adams