From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: AIX 4.3.2
PHP version:      4.0.4
PHP Bug Type:     Informix related
Bug description:  using Informix with PHP CGI

It is not possible to use PHP cgi with NETSCAPE E.S. 3.51 and INFORMIX because it is
imperatively necessary to have INFORMIXSERVER variable in the environment. Alas the
environment of scripts cgi is very limited. To be able to use INFORMIX nevertheless, I
supplemented the file php.ini by adding a parameter 'INFORMIX.default_server' then I
modified the file ifx.ec in order to read this parameter and to place it in the
environment Before calling upon 'ifx_connect'. Is it possible to register my
modifiaction in a permanent way in PHP?

--
Edit Bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=8784&edit=1