Hi Tom,

>I looked at your link "http://www.mm4.de/php4win/tips.php3?id=1" and found
>that "parent::classname()" worked. But how? Usualy PHP uses a "->" like
>"$this->classname()". I've never before seen the two "::" - Can someone
>explain?

This syntax is borrowed from C++ (or Java) and is a way to access methods
of classes which have no instance. This is also called a static method.
So if you have

class myclass
{
   function myfunction()
   {
   }
}

you can access this function via "myclass::myfunction()", even if there is
no object instantiated. "parent" is a reserved word to access functions of
the superclass.

(I hope I got everything right ;-)

Regards
   Alex

--
| Alexander Wirtz           | eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                |
| web@ctive GmbH            | WWW:   http://www.web-active.com           |