At 13:55 21.1. 2001, Maxim Maletsky wrote the following:
>Great!
>
>Is it documented anywhere yet? (is my name up there as well? I know I
>haven't done much except bringing this issue up, but I would be on the 7-th
>sky seeing my name on the PHP change-logs)
>
>Cheers,
>Maxim Maletsky.

Not yet; as a matter of fact, the ctype extension is still in experimental
stage, which means that function names haven't stabilized yet etc.
See ext/ctype in the source package (http://snaps.php.net/) for details.

>ID: 7360
>Updated by: cynic
>Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
>Assigned To:
>Comments:
>
>ctype functions are now implemented
>
>Previous Comments:
>
>[2000-10-20 05:59:15] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>what about implementing the ctype.h family of functions available in C and
>stick with their namespace ?        isalnum,  isalpha,  isascii,  isblank,
>iscntrl,  isdigit,        isgraph,  islower,  isprint,  ispunct,  isspace,
>isupper,        isxdigit

>[2000-10-20 02:24:38] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>A suggestion:  I was thinking that there are some functions that should
>exist in PHP:  1: if(eregi("[A-Z]", $string)) this could be called something
>like is_a2z (any name is OK, I just though about nl2br). Instead of using
>RegEx which is real slow when you have to check strings several times in a
>script a simple function like this would be of a BIG HELP. (I know of
>is_numeric(), but it's use will not make you sure that the string is
>esclusivelly alphabetic). A build-in function to detect whether a $string is
>entirelly made from a-z avoiding so regular expression use is really needed,
>I think.  2: Another thing (Less important) is that instead of using
>(ereg("[:alnum:]", $string)) you could just say if(!is_almun($string)), just
>to make (ereg("[:alnum:]", $string)) be a little lighter and easier for
>beginners. (few beginners use [:almun:], they usually get into writing some
>huge long expressions,) this would impress them a lot.  Thanks for your
>patience, Maxim Maletsky

------end of quote------

Cynic:

A member of a group of ancient Greek philosophers who taught
that virtue constitutes happiness and that self control is
the essential part of virtue.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]