Cynic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> why is it bad?

Why?
Because it's quite normal for functions like str_replace to be *much*
faster than preg_replace, but since str_replace on arrays is slower
(due to iterating over them using PHP code) you have to use preg_replace.

I'll happily use preg_replace whenever I need to do some Regular
Expression replacement, but when I want to do normal text replacement
I expect str_replace to give me the same flexibility as preg_replace.

That's why!

--
- Jan Borsodi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Systems Engineer @ eZ systems - Web: http://ez.no
  QtVu: http://www.qtvu.org  -  RegExplorer: http://regexplorer.sourceforge.net