From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Debian Linux
PHP version:      4.0.4pl1
PHP Bug Type:     MySQL related
Bug description:  a script works on 2 servers I use, and doesn't work on a third one

        Dear Support,

One of my project were must go to another server, and I got a trouble
with my functions.

I try to write a short code to explain it.
This script works well on my computer, windows 98 se, php 4.0.3. Also
works on debian a server, php 4.0.3.
There is another debian server (that was php 4.0.3 too), and this script
crashes on it. I tried to reinstall mysql, php (the new 4.0.4pl), apache,
but that did not help. I show a short code:

------
<?php

$base = mysql_connect('localhost','kepes','***'); // I have a password
of course...
mysql_select_db('KEPES');

$rows = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ARTICLE_STATE ORDER BY
article_state_id",$base);
test();
$rows = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ARTICLE_STATE ORDER BY
article_state_id",$base);

mysql_close($base);

function query_more($query,$base) {
  $result = array();
  $data = mysql_query($query,$base);
  while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($data)) {
    $result[] = $row;
  }
//  if ($result) {
//    mysql_free_result($data);
//  }
  return $result;
}

function test() {

$base = mysql_connect('localhost','kepes','***');
mysql_select_db('KEPES');

$rows = query_more("SELECT * FROM ARTICLE_STATE ORDER BY
article_state_id",$base);

mysql_close($base);

}

?>
-----

That outputs nothing on my computer, nothing on the first debian server.
That's ok.
But this outputs on the server where I'd use it the below:

"Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
/home/kepes/public_html/test/test5.php4 on line 16
Warning: 1 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in
/home/kepes/public_html/test/test5.php4 on line 10"

I figured out this is if I use at least 2 mysql connections same time.
Another interest thing, if I comment out the:
---
  while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($data)) {
    $result[] = $row;
  }
---
part of script, this also works on the 2nd server (but I can't use that way of course).

Because my db-scripts are based upon methods like above, I would like to
know what the problem is. I include some php info.

PHP Version 4.0.5-dev
System        Linux ditto 2.2.17 #1 Mon Dec 4 23:29:54 CET 2000 i686 unknown
Build Date   Dec 10 2000
Configure Command './configure' '--with-mysql' '--with-apxs'
Server API Apache
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/lib
ZEND_DEBUG disabled
Thread Safety
disabled

---------
mysql

MySQL Support enabled
Active Persistent Links 0
Active Links 0
Client API version 3.23.22-beta
MYSQL_INCLUDE
MYSQL_LFLAGS
MYSQL_LIBS

Directive            Local Value            Master Value
mysql.allow_persistent  On  On
mysql.max_links  Unlimited  Unlimited
mysql.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited

-----

Thank You,

        Mage

--