> Perhaps, in order to maintain compatibility, we should re-document is_set,
> create the documentation for is_null, and look into creating a new function
> that will determine if something has "ever been inside the namespace", regardless
> of its current value, or absence of value.

we should just define (and document) this similar to Andrei (note, I do
not use the word "the same" I use that word equal, what means different
things):

NULL  equals  absence_of_value  equals  absence_of_variable_in_namespace

I can imagine no case where people would need to differentiate between
NULL and never been in namespace, we should not allow this, otherwise we
would introduce the differentiation into a third state, non existent,
what raises the wtf-factor and is not required as far as I can think

andré

--
· André Langhorst       · t: +49 571 3201801 ·
· [EMAIL PROTECTED]   · m: +49 173 9558736 ·