>Well, I guess that hacking the php source would work. :)  However, I was
>just thinking that you Could do something like this:

>while (list ($key, $value) = mysql_fetch_array ($result, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {
>    $data[] =& $data[$key] = $value;
>}

I could, but since I'm writing a database abstraction module I'm wrapping
the mysql-routines (and other db's as well, but since I just started it's
only mysql for now).
Anyway, basic functionality (including the references) now works on win, so
I'll try and compile it on my Linux-box.

Cheerio, Marc.
(BTW, why a cc to the bug database?)