Well maybe we can have a function with another name? or pass an optional
second argument?
I'm not that sure it's a good thing to break backwards compatibility on
this one although I admit not knowing how many people actually use it. My
guess is that if it's been in a couple of versions of PHP 4 there are at
least a couple of dozen if not more using it.

Andi