ID: 9186
Updated by: hholzgra
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Documentation problem
Assigned To:
Comments:

this autoconversion is usefull when dealing with html form input
(for which php is used every once in a while afaik :)
as html has no numric input elements, just text

maybe it would make sense to have this behaviour configurable
in the ini file, but i'm afraid that this would only increase the WTF
factor even more

Ok, I accept this. But I don't think that is a good idea
to compare apples with pears with the answer 'yes they are
fruit' without any warning.

Ok, it should remain open as a documentation problem...

This is a defined behavior (and does have strong reasons).  It's not a bug.
If you're interested in a byte-by-byte string comparison, you should use strcmp().

Incorrectly flagged as bogus.

I think there is no reason to convert any type if both
operands of the comparision are of the same type. It costs
time and it's completely not necessary. This is a bug.

I can not see any description of this behavior in the
manual. The string type section descibes only what is
happen if a string is converted.

The remainder of the comments for this report are too long.  To view the rest of the
comments, please view the bug report online.

ATTENTION! Do NOT reply to this email!
To reply, use the web interface found at http://bugs.php.net/?id=9186&edit=2