On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Stig Venaas wrote:

>On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 04:35:43PM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> ID: 9177
>> Updated by: sniper
>> Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Bug Type: *Install and Config
>> Assigned To:
>> Comments:
>>
>> IIRC this is fixed already in CVS so please try the latest CVS snapshot
>> from http://snaps.php.net/
>
>Are you sure? I haven't seen any fix. Could someone tell me what was

Oh? I remembered incorrectly then..I thought you were the one who
fixed it.. :)

It might have just been a discussion about it then.

>done? I've encountered this problem other places as well. The problem
>is that OpenSSL has its own crypt() that only supports DES. It's left
>out on FreeBSD and should also be left out on Linux I think. I've
>asked about this on the OpenSSL list but no response yet. If anyone
>knows a clever work around, please tell me (:

Well, I think it's just the link order of libraries. ie. the
openssl lib should be before libc..but is that even possible?
Or just add another entry for libc after ssl?

--Jani