Quoting Dan Kalowsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>   The implementation of a universal function could potentially be
> extremely useful for controlling imap services.  But some advise on this
> would be welcome... or if there currently is such an ability that would
> be great to hear!  So.. any preference?

The other problem with universal is that what you get back from mail_parameters
depends on what you're doing with it. For instance, if I remember correctly,
calling mail_parameters to ask for NAMESPACE gives you back a funky data
structure that c-client uses to define namespaces, while most things give you
just an int return value.

So maybe we should have specialized functions, though universal would be great
if we could manage it. The NAMESPACE example isn't incidental; we really should
have access to that from php-space. I just haven't gotten around to
implementing it yet. So if you want a hand with any of this, feel free to let
me know.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"We have no fuel on board, plus or minus 8 kilograms." -A NASA scientist